Some 150 men and women, all of them prominent architects, building contractors or structural engineers, carry on the 300-year tradition of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia — giving form to the future. From the 18th-century members who erected Independence Hall, Christ Church and Carpenters' Hall to the members of today, innovation in design and technical achievement have contributed to their pre-eminent reputation.
- 2016 Carpenters' Company Scholarship Program
- 2016 Inaugural Carpenters' Company Invitational Golf Tournament
Benefiting the Carpenters' Company Scholarship Fund
July 20, 2016 at Sunnybrook Golf Club (pdf)
- Current Members
- All Past and Present Members
- Carpenters' Company Directory [available only to Company members]
- 300 Recent Projects by Company Members
Giving form to the future, from Philadelphia to Arizona. This listing comprises primarily structures in the Philadelphia region and within the boundaries of the United States. Examples of the Company's work can be seen around the world.
- Descendant Guestbook Are you a descendant of a Carpenters' Company member? Let us know
- Carpenters' Hall Library Listing
About the Company
- Mission Statement
- 800 members, 300 years A page from our Virtual Historic Tour of Carpenters' Hall
- A Speech by Jasper Ridley, Historian Emeritus, London Carpenters' Company, October 20, 1997.
- Carpenters' Company Library Collection Purchase books from The Carpenters' Company.
- See our History Section for information about the The Building as well as Company Member Stories.
Master Builder Dialogues
- Dreams & Themes with Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown. First in a biannual series of Master Builder Dialogues (November 19, 2005)